Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2016-01-13
04:59:57
 Becoming a forum member

Hi,

I'm just starting coding on C16/+4 after C64,VIC20 and Amiga.

I would want to become a member here but there is no subscription form.

Thanks

Posted By

Patrick
on 2016-01-13
07:26:58
 Re: Becoming a forum member

There is not a form like that, just write what you want...

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2016-01-13
09:31:41

I would want to have a "profile" like regular members...

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2016-01-13
10:11:00

I think Patrick meant on "what you want" that you can post anything without a membership. But if you really want to be a member (and why not?), just drop an email to Csabo with your preferred username/password.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-01-13
11:04:14

First of all, welcome! happy

So the issue is, regular members are members of the scene (not the forum), because they released stuff for the Plus/4. That's how the site started out anyway, now there's definitely some overlap.

A large part of the site is looking backwards: we dig, we archive, we categorize, etc. If someone remembered a game from their childhood like Icicle Works, they can find it here, see who wrote it, and end up on Doug's membership record. That page IMHO is pretty useful, it has all our known info, his other releases, and, since we're fortunate that he actually posted on the forum, a link to all his forum posts as well. (The same goes for someone like TCFS, who is a legend on the Hungarian scene. You'll find his membership page even more detailed.) Then we have the opposite: sometimes we end up with membership pages like Nigel Stevens or Sony - those are... well, less than useful happy The rule of thumb we try to apply most of the time is to add someone as a member if they have at least 3 releases, but of course there are exceptions.

So, another part of the site is looking forward: anyone can come and post, we love to chat about the Plus/4, talk about coding etc. That's why you're here, I guess happy

With all that in mind, we've never denied anyone becoming a member, so if you want, send me an email with your info. Or just keep posting for now and see what you think about it in a few weeks maybe.

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2016-01-14
05:18:10

Thanks for the kind word.

I like the site happy

I'm actually coding a game for the +4, then when it will be released I will become a C+4 scener,
I will send Csabo an email with my info at this moment wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024