Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-08-31
16:12:18
 Re: Great Giana Sisters

Yeah, almost 4 years (!) passed since my last comment here, and started to code again my very old sweetheart project happy
Since my 4 years old post, I had 2 computer crashes, and some of my work lost, including this test code, several gfx, but can start with a fresh look
Some important changes since then:
-We found a new compiler, expected to support -in a certain way- the Basic V3.5, so will make a try.
- We have a great game (MOS) that has exactly the sprite limitations and wow as the one described below (color 0 and 3), and still look great.

Still the RS232 HW project (due to missing proper circuit and my laziness) still not finished, but decided to finish at least the documentation (partially destroyed on my DELL PC because of a crashed PSU died at a stormy night) and build in the "theretical" support of the HW mouse, OR you can simulate it by pressing the cursor buttons as per the below sample. The only disadvantage, that I planned to use mixed GFX and CHR screen, and the mouse emuation will not work outside the GFX screen (SSHAPE), and I designed the control buttons can be pressed to be in modified character set.
Just great how badly I planned the concept If I design the control buttons to be on the GFX part, then I need specific loader routine, or Loading + copy to GFX screen (damn slow in BASIC) and the LOAD can load a complete block of data without spaces.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of CS65 C compiler, BUT most probably there is NO SSHAPE and GSHAPE equivalent at all for Plus/4 version.

Bah, even BASIC is too complex for me happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024