Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-12-13
 Editing Cheats

Hi Csabo, I've been trying to add some cheats but am having difficulty in understanding how it works.
It appears that each cheat is referenced by it's own line but it doesn't seem to do what I expect, I'll give an example of what I'm doing.

If the info I want to enter is:
Game: Space Freeks
POKE6107,X where X = No. of lives + 48
POKE6679,96 for infinite lives
SYS4224 to restart

I would find the game Space Freeks in Games - section S
click the link to that game
click the link to Add Cheat
and complete the fields below:
OrderNumber: 1
description: X = No. of Lives + 48
notes: POKE6107,X
and click save

then
overtype the fields so:
OrderNumber: 2
description: infinite lives
notes: POKE6679,96
and click save

then
overtype the fields so:
OrderNumber: 3
description: Restart Game
notes: SYS4224
and click save

then going back to the main screen on that game only shows the SYS4224 Restart Game!

What am I doing wrong?

Oh and these cheats don't reflect on the cheats page only on the individual game screens.

I have managed to get cheats up for Robo Knight, Fire Ant and Commando C16 so far but they aren't on the cheats page.

As soon as I understand how to get the cheats up easier then I'll get loads done in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-12-13
 Aaron

That reminds me, I must get the bibles back to you ASAP.

Cheers 4 now.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-18
 The solution

Hi Aaron,

The problem is the 'overtyping'. After saving the first "line", you should see "Update Successful - Click here to see the Record". Click that link, it will take you to the game's page and the cheat will show up. To add additional "lines", click [ add cheat ] again.

The cheats page displays all games that have an OrderNumber 1 cheat. Since you overwrote those previously, they didn't show up under cheats. I hope this clears it up. Thanks for your contribution wink

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-12-18
 I see

I wasn't going back to see the record, I guess that's where I was going wrong.

I'll get loads of cheats on the site now. happy

I've added a few, take a look at the paperboy cheat, I'm kind of proud of that as I was 15 at the time!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-18
 Re: Cheat

Looks real neat! It messes up the cheats page a bit though. A redesign there was long overdue anyway... wink

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-12-19
 Formatting

Yeah, I noticed the formatting was a bit off on the individual game page but on the general cheats page it was fine.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-20
 Cheat

Are you sure about that Suicide Run 7691 cheat? It didn't work for me. At that address in the memory this game seems to have only the copyright message.

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-12-20
 Well

It was a long time ago but that's what I wrote down all those years ago, is the 5904 cheat and the sys correct? If they are then I guess I wrote it down wrong, if the other 2 are wrong then maybe it was a different version of the game?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024