Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-03-18
16:34:56
 Re: Bally - Danish slotmachine game type-in

Hi,

First of all, a quick (auto)link for everyone else just joining the thread: check out Bally. (Another quick off-topic comment: we have a game called Ball-X, this one sounds like the sequel wink)

I don't know of a Danish ROM... First time this came up actually. I wonder if it was something "official" or something "unauthorized". Would be interesting to get our hands on one.

That screenshot you sent - that's exactly what I meant when I wrote "the game itself freezes up" below. It only does that sometimes, and I suspect it's related to the random number generator. You can do Run/Stop + Reset in YAPE, run it again, and it will work. This would explain why it "works" in VICE, the two emulators differ in how timers emulated. You could try this: save a little program (PRG file) with only one line:
0 PRINT RND(0)
Then auto-run it. In each emulator, it will consistently produce the same random number on auto-run (though each emulator will have its own value). However, if you type a manual RUN after that, it will be "true random".

Finally, a question: does any of the text in the magazine explain what you're supposed to enter for account number?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024