Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-23
18:14:36
 icicle works

I'm remaking icicle works. Do we have any budding musicians willing to help the cause?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-12-23
21:16:41
 Re: icicle works

On what platform are you working on?

Otherwise, whether that's on Plus/4 or you need an MP3, as long as there's enough time for it, I can probably help.

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-23
21:48:09

It will be canvas and android initially but will probably just work on anything with a browser - an mp3 would be great. It's only a couple of catchy little loops. I think we could make something quite impressive happy

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-23
21:48:34

oh and I meant to mention.. I've got working prototypes!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-12-23
22:40:03

Seems strange to remake a classic. What would be even better though to really make it special is if it can be remade to fit in on the unexpanded C16 so nobody misses out on the classic this time wink

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-23
23:21:18

How about if i do an emulator that simulates a C16 but we just pretend it isn't wink

Posted By

corpsicle
on 2014-12-24
04:24:32

I can make music too! Well, not on Plus4 yet, but im gonna learn. =)
As for mp3 music i could probably whip something together, but like Csabo it depends on the deadline.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-12-24
05:11:05

Don't forget it's two jingles, the title screen is the other. wink

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-24
05:54:30

years ago i was responsible for EmuDX.

now it's time to do it on the plus4 happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2014-12-25
18:13:10

Nice idea! Keep us posted on progress. If you need a beta tester let me know!! I'm very flattered - a nice Christmas surprise for me to read this. I'm doing well for remakes : first Fingers Malone (which was an excellent remake) and now this!!! Very happy.

Cheers,

Doug

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-25
20:47:28

So glad to have you on board Doug happy

can you mail me please? my username@gmsil.com happy

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-29
09:22:25

Has anybody here got any c16/plus4 tapes handy that they could doo a high res scan of the tape / covers please?

The covers on this site are nice but not high enough resolution for what we want to acheive

Also any budding graphic artists around?? Something exxciting is happening and we'd love you to be involved.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-12-30
03:26:14

There are two covers for the game.

In the eyes of most people that ever owned and played an original copy of Icicle Works the game never had a pictured cover, they had the Plus/4 Entertainment Cassette bundle release. This release is also one of the most common games for sale on ebay.co.uk for C16/Plus4.
To these people the face of Icicle Works is in fact the brick wall title screen and the rolling demo. happy

The Multi Soft release which is regarded as the official retail version must of had a very limited run as like Treasure Island it doesn't show up for sale very often. It is largely unknown so has no real sentimental value to the game it's self, Doug might argue this and rightly so but to most it's more a picture that people would associate with some 15++ years later, once they got online. wink

While it might be one of the best loved games on a Plus/4, the game was also released on the C64 so there will be a small fan base for that system. It might also be worth asking on Lemon64 for support as the C64 scene is a lot bigger meaning more people will see and maybe hopefully help with your GFX requirements.

Posted By

MikeDX
on 2014-12-30
21:51:32

Well this looks the right kinda way forward

I see there is a very nice mp3 remix of Tom Thumb music... Definitely worth re-visiting that game in the same way!

Just having a bit of fun with the core now that it's all working

I apologise for the sound quality in these videos.

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-12-31
03:15:57

I like what you have done with the cover, very neat effect with the mirroring.

Seeing the original game in full screen and actually working was cool. Almost warrants a release but at the same time it's like cheating as you can plan ahead. wink

Looks like you have the skills to make it happen and was great to see what you have done so far, and working! I can see where you want to go with it though and fingers crossed you can get the help you need to make your Icicle Works HD go all the way.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024