Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-11-07
08:02:04
 Friend list inside website theme

Request to Csabo: (since we know he has A LOT of free time happy happy )
Should be possible to add the "Friend list" visualization on themes different than Light-blue?
And BTW the superb "Metallic" is still said incomplete, could you find a bit of time to finish?

Thank you on behalf of all us.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2014-11-07
11:47:09
 Re: Friend list inside website theme

While we're asking for updates.... the Default theme's link to the forum, on the header of most pages, now includes #pagetop. This hides the Online list for those of us who have it at the top of the forum.

Ironically, the header links on Forum itself used to have this, but no longer does.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-11-07
15:08:42

Thanks for bringing these up, guys! Let me see them one-by-one:

1) SVS: The friends list shows in the default theme as well. Which one in particular would you like to add it to?

2) SVS: I might work on that theme, though it's low on the list of priorities.

3) JamesC: I had other people who had issues with that "feature", I guess it's not that popular happy The reason I added it in the first place was this: when I was on some other page, and wanted to go to the forum, I wanted to see the topics first. This caused a problem that once you were ON the forum pages, clicking the forum link did not refresh. That was fixed. I also moved it up, so that at least the "post new topic" button is showing. So, are you simply requesting that if you have the "who's online" list at the top, for that to be visible as well? (That's probably a simple thing, I'd just move the anchor tag to an earlier point.)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2014-11-07
16:19:28

rikveszt.: lájkolni akarom a kommenteket vázze'!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2014-11-07
18:28:24

Csabo: you gave us a "Show visitors at top of Forum" checkbox in Options. In my opinion, checking that box should override any anchors pulling me all the way to the topics.

I agree -- once already on Forum, clicking the Forum link in the header should refresh the page.

Maybe you can use an existing link as a middle ground. This link omits the visitors box completely. Testing for page>0 before the header is displayed would let you display a shortened header on those pages. Maybe site logo + links to Home, Search, Options, and Forum... saving two lines, yet leaving room on the right for Logout. And if no pagenumber is passed to the page, then page=0 and you know to display the normal forum page, complete with full header.

But if you tell me to scroll up when I hit the forum, I will. It's not worth you spending an hour reworking your headers. happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-11-08
07:23:26

@Csabo:

>>>1) SVS: The friends list shows in the default theme as well. Which one in particular would you like to add it to?
It seems to me that it works only in "default" and "Light Blue" themes.
My favorites themes are BlueOrange and CoolBlue. Should be possible?

BTW: a little tip. When is shown the photo of an online user, his nickname should be overwritten to the image (or at least titled them).

Many thanks.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-11-13
19:29:17

These are done, please take a look and let me know if you think it works well.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2014-11-13
22:36:57

@Csabo, I'm happy. Thank you. happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-11-14
10:59:36

Yes they work fine. Thanx!