Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-10-18
00:27:01
 Re: Basic program address with or without Graphic allocation

That very Poke was printed in one of the UK Commodore magazines back in the day. I long forget. One of the Commodore User mags maybe as they were about the only mag supporting our system with code stuff. There is also one to disable the reset button from Basic.

and I might be making this up... My bad memory sort of recalls there might be one where you can in fact hide the listing of a Basic program if the program is stopped and LIST is use to look at it...

Obviously having the Run/Stop disabled in a text adventure where typing is the order of the day prevents you from touching it by accident breaking the game.

The only problem is if you want to hide your code, what ever you do the program needs to run these disable commands so they are active before a program is loaded. It's almost impossible to do as you can interrupt the loading any way. Even such games as ACE+4 that restarts the game at the title screen if the reset button is pressed was hacked. wink

Having a loading screen, the code could be run from there and then the main program loaded afterwards. The annoying part to all of this though is that, if you run some machine code the Run/Stop key is automatically disabled. grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024