Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AnJune
on 2014-09-17
14:16:16
 Where's the Esc key in VICE?

Which physical key works as the emulated plus/4's or 128's Esc key in VICE? The "real" Esc key works as Run/Stop, and nothing else I press seems to "do" Esc. I can't make much sense of the keymap files.

There might be better emulators, but I've failed miserably trying to compile Yape and Plus4Emu, even after tracking down the dependencies (Linux user here)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-09-17
17:11:49
 Re: Where's the Esc key in VICE?

On Windows, it's the tilde/grave accent key (~/'), it's right under the real ESC. I can't check if it's the same on Linux, but you can give it a try. An easy way to test is to press that key, then "n", which should clear the screen.

Posted By

AnJune
on 2014-09-17
19:38:52

Thanks -- that does work, although only after switching both the desktop and VICE to a US keyboard layout. As a consequence, characters like *, : or ^ are neither where I'd expect them on a German nor on a US keyboard *moan!* :3

(Any idea how to make it friendlier to German keyboards?)

Posted By

AnJune
on 2014-09-17
22:53:57

KEY 1, CHR$(27)

Workaround happy

Posted By

Litwr
on 2014-09-20
00:35:11

I'd compiled plus4emu even at Raspberry Pi... Just install all required packages and follow the instruction at README. I have VICE 2.4 installed, the key below Esc (it is ~') is the Escape key for Commodore. However VICE +4 emulation is poor in many cases.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2014-09-20
01:43:46

Workaround works, but most of us use the YAPE emulator by Atilla Grosz: http://yape.homeserver.hu/ wink

I don't know of a more accurate C128 emulator, though.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024