Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-11-25
 Got it

The new location is fine. I'll have to try this tonight on my real Plussy... (It displays something that resembles the original picture in YAPE.) Man, bubis, if it works I'll be *sooo* jealous. This was one of the things I wanted to get into for a long time. As you can see from my post from yesterday, I just got my real Plus/4 setup in a comfortable way so that I can get back to real hacking (not just through the emulator)... Ever since I saw Mucsi's and TLC's FLI, I wanted to do this too.

In fact TLC has desribed the 160*100 FLI mode in the FLI Editor's docs years ago! By switching the color map every second line (instead of every line like he did in his FLI editor, which he admitted was a mistake - Mucsi did that too, BTW) we *don't* get that screwed-up color side effect. This way there are two completely independent colors within a 4*2 area. I though that if I used multi color #1 to paint the one side of this area and the second multi color to paint the right side (in essence only use half the horizontal resolution), I would have a screen where every 'pixel' is independently colored. Well, something like that. But that would give me a resolution of 80*100. Will you just go ahead and tell us what tricks you used, or do I have to rip the program apart? wink

Good job though, couldn't be happier that someone is still fiddling with stuff like this, and that we are talking about it happy

(One other thing I wanted to do for long was writing a player that is 2 times or 4 times - or higher. That is, the player would be called more than once in each frame. Never could pull this off back in the day - and as far as I know, no Plus/4 demo has had a player like this. But someone had to go ahead and do this one too, didn't they!? wink)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024