Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-08-19
08:50:48
 Re: Plus/4 World now has "one-liners"...

Where is it? On the front page (at this moment anyway, it will eventually be pushed down by other news items).

How does it work? It's just like adding a regular news item, except you leave the subject empty. In that case, the news item will be displayed in the new shorter format. Otherwise it's still "news", so business as usual. Anyone who has the access of adding news can do this, so go for it and we'll see how it goes.

So... There's several other issues here, all intermingled happy But that's good, we're talking. On Plus/4 World, the forum and the news is always kind of blurred. I prefer if new things are announced in the news (that is, whoever makes something new sends it to us), then that news item gets commented on. Once something has been "announced" on the forum, I'd say it's already known, no point adding news. That's not a "rule" though, since occasionally, if the thing in question is deemed important enough, we go and add a news item anyway, and connect it to the existing forum topic. (See Rocket Science recently.)

George, I think what you're talking about is a personal blog. One person who does this is carrion for example, he puts up some PRG files on his blog. Those we eventually copy and catalog, cause that's what Plus/4 World is: the complete collection. So, if something exists for the C16/Plus4, we should have it. But yeah, I'm not sure if those are "releases", that term is ill-defined.

My idea of one-liners would have been something like this for example: Plus/4 World now has icons for D81 files and ROM files (each would have had a link). That's a nice little feature I added recently, and it's also the kind of things I'd expect from you guys who look at the site to point out and ask for happy It's a minor issue anyway.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024