Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-11-17
 No Problem

Had the same problem you described on my SX-64, in my case it was the VIC chip.

I went out to the shed on a quick treasure hunt (quick, because it is 12 degrees outside). I didn't find the Sams for the 1581, right off the bat, but will look tomorrow. I did find some other goodies. A bunch of printer interfaces for Commies. Graphix Jr., G-Whiz, TurboGraphics. Mps803s and Okimate printers I forgot about. Even my old 1702 and 1902a monitors. Thanks for jogging memory...
I did find a bunch of C64 tapes and a few plus4 tapes. I think the Plus4 tapes are already in Landos database. Starter Script+4, Airwolf C16-Plus4, Monopoly (Joystick), Typing Professor, Starter Productivity Software, TurboMusic Demo.

I'll send along a package of spare chips and parts, before they get lost again. I have chips and chip sets for SX-64, C64, 64C, C128, Plus4, C16, 1581, 1541, 1541II. You might try the PAL Kernal and Xtal... if you ever get fat with Plus4s. I have several spare upgrade xtals for the ACIA controller that will nearly double the 19,200 baud rate of the stock Plus4.

I also ran across the Sams for the 1541 and the 1541-II drives, Programmers reference manuals for the Plus4, C128 and C64. Thought those were lost.. Even found an old binder, that Jack's Commodore engineer friend sent, with an annoted disassembly for the CBM DOS V10 in the 1581. The 1582 that I have is a proto (#2 of 6) that was hand jumpered and looks very much like the external Amiga 3 1/2 floppy, with standard DIN plugs on the back, like the regular 1581 drive. I'll dig it out and take some pix. The board, if I recall, looked virtually the same as the 1581 with some hand soldered jumpers added. If you'll look under the Eprom D81 images, on the CD I sent you, you might just find that Rom dump. I think I included a lot of C64 related Rom files in it, and I'm pretty sure that I made a Rom dump of the 1582. Jack was going to do an article about the Commie protos about 1995 but got into a hastle with the owner (at that time) of a certain high-density drive company (whose name I won't mention here). Seems that the 1582 could read a similar format... he always wondered if they ripped off an unreleased Commie prototype. Now that last is only hearsay.

I'll, atleast, send you a 1581 drive assembly.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024