JamesC
on 2002-11-17
 SVS --> Smileys

: ) = happy
; ) = wink
: ( =
: s = :s
: p =
B ) = B) glasses doesn't work, this could be sunglasses or spectacles.

I think this covers all of the ones Lando originally authorized. I submitted the others (listed above with () parenthesis) to supplement the ones that were already available. Some months back this was illustrated in this forum if you wish to search.

Of course you could always use the ones you use elsewhere as long as they are understood:
}happy devil or horned
0happy angelic or innocent
using an asterick * for a nose indicates intoxication or use of alcohol, or Rudolph the reindeer }:*)
using an o for a nose indicates a large nose
using an ~ for a nose indicates a runny nose or the typist has been crying
using a ^ for a nose indicated a pointed nose or someone who thinks they are higher standing in society than they really are (uppity-nose is a common term in US)
% indicates crossed-eyes (maybe from being in front of a computer for too long?)
@ indicates a patch over one eye, as in a pirate
)) or (( indicates extremely happy or sad

I am sure that there are others; if a person does not understand they should write back for an explanation if the conversation does not make the emoticon clear.

And now a bonus for those of you who have read this whole darned thread looking for something new: in the US there is a commercial running for high-speed Internet access, that implies that by using their service you will accomplish things much faster, to the point of eventually reaching the 'End of the Internet'. There is a site that actually exists by the name of The End of the Internet. It isn't a lot to cheer about, but you can tell your friends that you reached it. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024