Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

GeTE
on 2000-05-19
 Kingsoft's TurboPlus

Kingsoft's TurboPlus seems to be the only expansion module for the C264 series. I still have one and would be happy to use it in the common emulators. Does onyone know how to read out the binary data and save them to disk? I think it must be equal to the procedure for the 3-plus-1 software ...

Posted By

indi
on 2000-05-24
 EPROM's

>Backwards? Do you mean I have to rotate them at 180°? Killing my plus/4 that way could cause me crying all nights long ...

No, sorry... I mean instead of the order LOW,HIGH, use HI,LO

I don't know of any good eprom programmers just now, infact Im after one myself... a nice cheap one would be good.

Mmm.. The ASM program should be easy enough... but if your up for getting an EPROM programmer, thats the easiest...

Posted By

GeTE
on 2000-05-21
 That's all a long time ago ...

> does it AUTO boot into the ROM? or do you start it from basic...

The modul boots automatically and the functions are present until you use the special commands to disable it (scrolloff, turoff, exoff and kill), but I am wondering that you don't know this nice piece of plus/4-hardware - I am afraid I have to explain the whole functionality here in the next future (besides: TurboPlus was made by Kingsoft!)

> ... then remove the ROM's from the expansion module, and put them into the plus/4 where the 3-in-1 software sits. But put them backwards.

Backwards? Do you mean I have to rotate them at 180°? Killing my plus/4 that way could cause me crying all nights long ...

> This will make the roms mapable, but not runable (I think), then use the ROM banking and a small ASM program to copy it into RAM, then save to disk.

Well, I was heavy programming my C16&plus/4 ten years ago, but mostly in BASIC and now much of this knowledge is allready gone. With other words: I need more help, especially the ASM programm you've mentioned ...

> If its runnable from BASIC, then use a small ASM program to swap in, and copy then save
to disk...

If it would be that easy, I haven't posted here

> If your not sure on this, you'll need to ship it to someone who can do it for you.

Unfortunally I am the last plus/4 user alive in my neighbourhoud ...

> Of course, if you have an EPROM reader... you could do it that way..

That would really be nice and I think it would worth buying one - to use it in my Pentium-PC in some ISA-Slot, so could you tell me one, which is easy to use enough so that I am able to do this ?

Posted By

indi
on 2000-05-20
 Getting ROM data...

okay, you should be able to do this... but it "is" complicated...

does it AUTO boot into the ROM? or do you start it from basic... if it auto boots and you have a plus/4 (not a C16), then remove the ROM's from the expansion module, and put them into the plus/4 where the 3-in-1 software sits. But put them backwards. This will make the roms mapable, but not runable (I think), then use the ROM banking and a small ASM program to copy it into RAM, then save to disk.

If its runnable from BASIC, then use a small ASM program to swap in, and copy then save to disk...

If your not sure on this, you'll need to ship it to someone who can do it for you.

Of course, if you have an EPROM reader... you could do it that way..

Mike

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024