Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-11-17
 Bummer...

You're lucky, I just popped in.. been a while. Okay, I don't recall putting a 1.44 drive in a 1581... may work in low density mode, as I've Mitsumi drives in 1581s before. I know that it will work in the 1582 HD drive. Will get that "strip and archive" project done eventually. I looked through my Email box and don't see that address you sent. Resend it to me and I will send out a 1581 drive to you Monday and some spare parts. I think I also have the Sam's Repair manual for it. If so, I will send along. Never did find out anything on that missing chip.. we might as well count that as gone. But, I received the Plus4 case okay, as you received my previous mailing. So, I really don't anticipate any problem.
As to the Plus4 supply handling the load... I'd be careful of the "brick". I have a few of those, but I usually use the "repairable" type. They have no problem with additional load. My current setup uses an old style C128 supply with a Plus4 plug on it. I replaced all the square female plugs with the round C64 style plugs. The square ones always gave me problems with dirt/oxide buildup and the split pins on them never kept their tension for good positive contact.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024