Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-06-11
11:40:00
 Re: Games not listed on this Website

Got it, will add the stuff shortly. (And for those watching New Stuff, It's not Spump from Space, which was sent in by someone else, who apparently had no problem figuring out where to send stuff wink)

Edit: they are up. They were all already on the side (though inside zipped files). Here's the list:

Slot! - This was in Club Info 109, funny that we even mentioned it in the news, but didn't add a record for it.
Smash - From King Size
Spacecraft Sim (AKA Space Ship) - From King Size
Space Shooter - This was the only one actually already on the site as a separate record. It's from a Club Info.
Space Fighter - From King Size
Star Maze - From King Size
Super Maze - From King Size, this one I was reluctant to add, since we have two copies, but both are buggy (Manuel sent the "more buggy" one).
Super Quiz - From King Size
Super Snake - From King Size

So! First, thank you for spending the time and sending us this stuff. I always think there's too little effort from the community, so when someone does something (like you did), I want to try my best and foster that spirit, to make sure we can channel your energy and wanting to help into something useful. These particular programs were already on the site, it's just that no-one has taken the time to create the records form the, upload the files, collect the details, etc. It's a time consuming and thankless job... It's definitely on our to-do list. Some of you who keep a close eye on the "New Stuff" section may have noticed that Luca and I started going through (again!) all the Club Infos recently, to save each program, and also to link them to the actual Club Info issue. Even now, there's many little programs that we don't add. (Just one random example: download Club Info 51 and look on the B side. There's Circle-Graphik 1, 2, Geometr Graphic 1, 2, etc. These are <1K, few lines of BASIC.) I don't really have a justification as to where we do the cut-off: what's an "important" release and what's not. Well, anyway, I'm getting a little off topic.

Bottom line: please keep looking through your stuff. If your files came from "the internet", chances are, we already have it (even though we may not have gotten to put them on the site individually). But who knows, you might find some real "lost" gems.

And finally, about King Size in particular: (speaking of these: King Size and King Size Volume 1 & Volume 2): we really need the TAP files. That way we can match up the files from the cover and what's on our disks, since in many cases the names are different. I hope someone owns the originals and is able to archive it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024