Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2014-06-06
16:18:48
 Retro meeting in UK

Thinking of having a retro computing meet up on Saturday 12th July in Derby. Just want to check what interest there is out there. Good venue with lots of room for systems and quite close to the city centre.

Already plenty of systems setup and running: Commodore 16, Plus 4, C116, 232, C64, Vic20, PET, Dragon 32, Acorn Electron, Sinclair 48K/128K, Atari Lynx & Play Station.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2014-06-06
16:41:28
 Re: Retro meeting in UK

Gutted, it seems that I won't be able to make it this time. If I do go, then it will likely be a last minute decision depending if I have enough funds to spare, but it's not very looking likely at the moment

Well, I hope that lots attend and if I cannot make it then I hope it's yet another success like the last and that you all have a great time happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-06-07
10:02:50

I would if I could but can't really because of ill health now days. It's the distance more than anything. I'll be there in spirit and will be thinking about you guys having fun wishing I was there!

BTW nice to see commodore16.com has returned after being down this week. happy

Posted By

Patrick
on 2014-06-07
15:08:30

I wish I could come over again. Had a great time a couple of years ago. I am too busy with work. Hopefully next time it will be held in the winter...

Posted By

RobertB
on 2014-06-10
02:16:15

Ack! Your meeting will be a few days after I leave the U.K. back for the U.S..

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
July 26-27 Commodore Vegas Expo v10 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Posted By

Patrick
on 2014-07-12
09:34:59

Show us the photos!!!

Posted By

Chris
on 2014-07-18
04:21:21

Sorry for the delay, photo's and a video of the event

http://www.commodore16.com/forums/topic/derby-retro-meet-up-july-2014/

Posted By

Csabo
on 2014-07-18
08:24:17

No worries, things always move at this speed on the scene wink

Very nice photos and video, thank yo for posting them! So this was a venue, and not someone's home? Where did that massive collection of ... everything come from? Did you have to pay to get in? How many people visited?

What I spotted on the photos: 3D Glooper (game over screen), Kikstart (loading screen), XeO3 (title screen).

The difference between this event and Arok party... On Arok it's 30 degrees inside! happy

Posted By

Litwr
on 2014-07-18
14:14:57

The size of C+4 book shelves impresses me much! happy

Posted By

Chris
on 2014-07-18
12:02:48

It was a really good event, had about 20 people attend. Think a lot were put off with the 30'c weather, as the last event had. About 40-60 people attend. The event was run in my offices at work, the convenience of running my own firm. Plus it was a free event, just for fun.

The majority of the systems are mine, Kieren Hawken brought some 32 bit consoles. All the C16/Plus 4 stuff is part of my collection, taken some years to obtain. It's a great opportunity to show that our systems have some amazing games and hardware.

Hopefully going to run another event in the winter.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024