Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2014-05-14
23:58:47
 Re: When Are The Plus/4 Family Of Computers Considered To Be Dead ?

You see the odd chip for sell now and then and what there is is aimed at people who might of bought a broken machine and just need a chip or two. Some one might of even bought a known faulty machine but just wanted a white keyboard, what's left over is moved on if people can be bothered to do so. It saves buying a whole machine just for spare parts... It's nothing to worry about as working machines are available all the time and in fact it can be helpful to some people out there, those people that are more then likely going to use the computer once it's running. wink

Most can be fixed from a pure chip change which is the good part. The odd and rare proper dead ones which would be mother board related where knowledge of what your looking at and soldering skills would be required are few and far between. Good on those who can fix them is all I can say! happy
I have one that's faulty beyond a chip change. The keyboard was given away to a freind of a freind, remaining & working chips taken out to fix others I have that are in perfect working order thanks to it and because I have enough spares to last ages, that faulty board can just stay there in the box of spares doing nothing. I'm sure I have enough to keep me going before my time is up and long before I ever get to the point I need to get this one faulty board fixed. grin

I'm even unwilling to let go of the faulty TED that I damaged via the joyports using a Sega Megadrive pad purely because it works for the most part... Well it has life any way and that's enough if I ever need it one day, but in reality I would do anything possible to have a perfect working machine rather than make do and use it haha! That's what hoarding is all about, or I like to call it preserving.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024