Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-05-01
03:16:53
 ZoomFloppy

Thanking Erich/Unlimited I recently felt the taste of real iron (real Plus4 and real drives) after years of emulators works.
But in the meantime PC technology is changed and current machines had no more parallel/serial ports. Then my old x1541 cables became useless.
I've read about xu1541 technology, but Spiro T. himself does suggest to evaluate the ZoomFloppy before to buy a simple xu1541 or xum1541. Does anybody has more info?

ZoomFloppy

Posted By

siz
on 2014-05-01
08:15:29
 Re: ZoomFloppy

I have a ZoomFloppy and I used to recommend it for anyone who wants to transfer disks from/to PC. It is a compact, professional product. It has connectors for serial drives (even a parallel port) and for IEEE-488 drives too.
The firmware on the ZoomFloppy is the same as on the xum1541 and can be upgraded through the USB cable.
It's very convenient to use it.

Posted By

SVS
on 2014-05-02
08:03:42

Thank you siz for your info!
Is there an European seller, or have I to order it from US? The shipment and customers fees should overcome the price of the item :-/

Posted By

siz
on 2014-05-02
09:35:44

Unfortunately there's no European distributor. I don't remember the sipping from the US but the price is below the customs limit so the shipping is the only cost on top of the price.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024