Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

(no name)
on 2002-10-28
 Joystick ports

The C16 had different ports to the C64 (which were Atari-style), meaning you couldn't use a standard joystick with them- great idea. But is it easy to make an adaptor so that Atari 9-pin joysticks can be used with it?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-28
 1341 Joysticks

Wiring an adapter is a pain in the backside -- I have tried it. However if you wish to attempt it, the plug is the same as used on an Apple Macintosh printer cable (8 pin mini-din).

It is easier to splice the cable from a bad 1341 joystick onto a known good Atari-type joystick. It takes time to figure out the wiring on the 'new' joystick but then you can stock up on several of them and change the plug as the joysticks break.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-29
 Sega

I use a Sega Genesis game pad on mine. Also an old Sun Icontroller. The adapter plug isn't really too bad, it was a LOT of fun to find the Din plug, years ago. Now you see them everywhere.. Radio Shack was a good source. Like he said, once you make an adapter cable, you can use a number of old 9 pin joys with it.

Posted By

TLC
on 2002-10-29
 Check dis

document that I created a few years ago. It's a bit fluffy, however, you can find all details about the subject (and anyway, if you want to build a simple wire-to-wire interface for bare joysticks (no autofire and the like) then you can skip reading all unneccessary text).

http://www.funet.fi/pub/cbm/documents/projects/interfaces/plus4joy/plus4joy.html

Best regards,

L.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-10-29
 Jim,

My plus/4 has being running fine on the old Sega Megadrive 6 button pad for years as well, same with my Amiga happy

Cant say the same thing with the C64 wink Navy Seals (cartridge) she does'nt like the pad at all, and some odd chars show up in basic. There's more the the Plus4 than meets the eye!! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024