Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Retro76
on 2014-03-31
05:25:42
 Re: Suspected PLUS/4 Ram fault

Mate you really know your stuff happy

My three machines are all PAL; the 16's from Victoria one had faulty cpu & the other a boxed version I got earlier this year had faulty TED. Both the chips were sourced from Germany for a hefty price. The Plus4 on its way & was well looked after from an old guy in Sydney.

My first imported computer from the states was a Vic20 with 117 rated voltage. Back then I didn't know about step-down transformers & got a nasty surprise when I plugged her into the 240v mains Oz outlet. Boom, smoke, crash, opera...............phew the smell was unforgettable.
Gotta say vintage computer experts & repairers like you are pretty hard to come by in OZ.
You would make a killing if you are in Victoria (Australia''s Vintage Capital) & advertise your services.
There was one guy called Space Taxi, a UK dude in Melbournes CBD that diagnosed & repaired everything in vintage computing but im not sure if he is still around?

If you can reproduce anything PLus4 Related (re: 8501 replacments etc) there will be many interested members here.
I know MIK would love to get his hands on the elusive 64k ram memory chips!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024