Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-26
 Os96 PC link question

Hey, hasn't anyone else tried Christian's OS96 Rom with their Plus4? The Plus4 to pclink wasn't that bad at all. The use of your PC as a floppy was just about as easy (in my opinion) as the 64HDD

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-26
 Rom Images

Here is a link to a set of working Rom images to try (if anyone is curious) in Yape or Minus4w. If I recall, the Kernal that Christian has on his site is dead. These are from Eproms that he sent me, back when.

http://home.gci.net/~ace/plus4/os96.zip

I always liked the colon, following the filename feature, when you Directory. Allows you to just cursor up to the file you want to load and simply press Dload (F2) then Return to load it.
Don't remember which beta this was, as he stomped out several bugs along the way. Still allows you to use a PC as a floppy-HD and allows using a printer. The Docs are in Ascii-English. There is a Pal and Ntsc Kernal in the Zip.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-10-26
 And do not forget...

the [SPACE] command to stop/start any scrolling on screen happy (Listings, etc.)
And other things I remember:
- LA "nnn" command to LOAD,"nnn",8,1
- default device Number is 8 (first disk) instead of 1 (tape)
- LOAD defaults to 9 (second disk)
and other...
very useful O.S. update!

Jim: --> How can I control the release #?

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-26
 Release Number?

You mean the beta number? Didn't quite follow that last question, Valentino.
I uploaded OS92.3, which was similar (without the PCLink feature) that is useful for most people without the 256K machines:

http://home.gci.net/~ace/plus4/os92-3.zip

In Ntsc and Pal, with ascii doc file that I wrote back then.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-28
 Last on topic

Okay I forgot that Christian went to a bigger Eprom with his later releases of OS96. The (HI)eprom downloaded a "setup" routine. You can still play around with those releases by using the (LO) epromn (which contains the Basic&Kernal in a single file). I split this file and created an Ntsc version of it, too. I rezipped and uploaded them to:

http://home.gci.net/~ace/plus4

There is the original OS96 that he sent me and both the OS96 beta 8 and 9 versions.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-28
 Downloads from Jim H

are mirrored on his page on my site, usually within 24 hours...... Jim has stated before that his ISP is not the most reliable in the world, so I try to mirror as quickly as possible for him.

Besides, I have a cable connection so it takes me a whole three seconds to transfer a .d64 from Alaska to Kansas. happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-10-30
 Release No. can be found

at $FCEF-FCF0.
Jim --> Do you know it your version is the last one?

James:
"Besides, I have a cable connection so it takes me a whole three seconds to transfer a .d64 from Alaska to Kansas"
#-)

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-31
 Seems to be...

I compared the values and they match the 9beta

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-10-31
 Sorry Jim, I don't understand clearly,

I need to know what is the last PAL version.
(so that I can compare it with mine)
Thank you once again.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-31
 The last official release>

No problem, It was OS96-9B. We should contact Christian, as I remember he had some others that he was working on that were never released publicy. Maybe he will let us have them.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024