Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-10-24
 Ultimate ROM Map

As you could see it in the news, SVS's Ultimate ROM Map is out. I thought I'd open up this thread so that if anyone has comments could post it here. I'll start: SVS, buddy, you did a hell of a job! happy Excellent work! Thanks a lot. (I hope you like the counters I implemented, there is one for page views and one for the actual downloads.)

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-24
 Wonderful Job!

Boy oh boy!
Wish I had one of these a LONG time ago... would have made transition to ml a LOT easier. I worked from Rom printouts and had to hunt, all through the Roms, to find a similar routine to the better documented C64. I still remember the CBM identifier fight trying to transisition between the C64 and Plus4. Cartridge name.. calculate number of bytes to download to Ram.. jump to the download routine... wow, what a long time ago!
Again, nice job and a good database.

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2002-10-25
 Excel...

Now could some kind soul make a PDF or something of this document so that I don't need to hunt down an Office installation to use it?

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-10-25
 I thought to convert into a txt document,

but in this way you lose the feature of sorting data by type (commands, i/o, etc.).
I don't know if PDF is better spreaded then .DOC (Word).
What do you think, guys?

P.S. - Thanx for the good words on Ultimate Rom List!

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2002-10-25
 But I don't want Office...

A) MS Office isn't even available on some of the computers I code on (running Solaris and FreeBSD).

B) On my Windows machines I prefer not installing it, as it's bloated and installs a bunch of annoying things in the system that you have to hunt down and disable (fast find, that launcher, whatnot.)

C) It's an expensive piece of software that I have no use for.

Heck, I prefer having documentation printed out on paper.

Comma separated, XML, PDF, plain text if you must -- anything that's readable would work happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-25
 Microsoft Excel

is available in a read-only version for free. Check www.downloads.com and type in "Excel Viewer" in the search box.

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2002-10-26
 Viewer

Hey excellent, that solves at least part of my problem. Thanks!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024