Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2013-12-30
14:26:31
 Re: Historical (8bit) game arcive - runnable in Java

OFF: for me the only Ultima software I spent some time was Ultima Underworld. I really enjoyed that game, though never finished it. It is a really fantastic game with good and complex story, and was a technical breakthrough.
Funny fact, that is had a proper 3D world before Doom ("The game was also the first indoor, real-time, 3D first-person game to allow the player to look up and down, and to jump").
It took whopping 11pcs 5.25 HD disks to move from the University lab to home, and some of the discs became corrupted during this transfer. Arrgh! (an other funny fact: 80% of my C64 and Plus/4 discs were still readiblye after 15 years)
I bough later a budget Ultima VIII, but was too slow and hard to control for my taste (at the same period I played Betrayal at Krondor, that was a much better experience). I have somewhere the original disk, if you want, I can send it.
Ultima IX also bough few years later (online from GOG), but the 3D was really badly performing on my Radeon 8500 (told, that works much better on 3DFX cards, but at that time I already sold my loved Voodoo 3500TV for a collector).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024