Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2013-12-16
08:26:18
 Re: Some APS Adventures

- The GOSUB 1000 in line 110 is not necessary, since that's the only place this "subroutine" is called. It should be "inlined". The GOSUB/RETURN just slows down the execution. (That code itself could be written much nicer, it checks items 1, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 15 and gives a point for each. The order of the items don't matter. If those particular items were reorganized to be the first 6, a simple loop could count them.)

Reorganizing them from 1-6 is beyond me, it would mean renumbering everything else and not sure how to do that, although I feel now that this is the least of the problems.

fix that one bug (line 1075 is never reached, but a lot of the logic is there)
You're right. 1075-1115 are completely ignored throughout the game but shoudn't be, it should be able to read line 1100 but there's nowhere to jump to that line. I've had a play through and when it gets to that certain part, it cuts out some story dialogue. In fact part of the full solution is supposed to give a box of chocs to a girl to make her come with you. But in the version on GB64 you don't need the chocolates and thus you also don't need the pound coin to buy them which renders them both useless, which takes away a big puzzle element out of the game. Obviously another bug.

I also have a feeling that the programmer created himself into a paradox especially from lines 1075-1115 and just thought fck it, it's still completable.

Maybe I'll give "The Forest Of Evil" a break for now and look at the others.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024