Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-12-13
20:29:06
 Re: Some APS Adventures

Are these play-tested and release ready? After a very quick glance, I found some problems:

In "A Fairy Tale Adventure", line 11050 has a GOSUB 1290, but 1290 does not exist, so the game will break when that point is reached.

"The Pyramid" seems to have it's printed title missing. Also the yellow on white is not the best choice...

"Spaced Out" is saved from an incorrect address (not $1001). This should be easy to fix, just DSAVE it. After going N, E, E, it say you can see "adoor". Could be a bug in the original?

"The Forest of Evil" seems to have 2 unnecessary extra spaces at the beginning of every single line... (All the other games "only" have one extra space.) I mean technically it's OK, but all it will do is waste space and slow down the execution. For 285 lines, that 570 bytes. Removing those, plus a simple RENUMBER 0, 1 (which should be done to all production ready BASIC games IMHO), it almost fits into 16K. By removing more of the whitespaces, you could definitely make this one fit.

The effort is definitely appreciated, and if you wish I'll be more than happy to add them into the database as releases. Just want to make sure it's ready. When converted a big bunch back in 2004, I also put Austro on them (better experience for the player).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024