Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-10-14
 Using the game files on this site with a real C16/Plus4

I may still have my original C16 up in the loft. I would be interested in finding it and playing it again, but...
I look at all the game files here, and I think, wouldn't it be great if I could convert these files into a loading noise so that they could be played through the datacassette on my C16, just like the original tapes.
There is a program for the Spectrum called TAPER that does this with TAP and Z80 files. Emulators are okay, but nothing beats the original machine, so, is it possible to do this?

Posted By

Bacon
on 2002-10-15
 (no topic)

Yup. Markus Brenner's ptap does just that. You will need an X1531 cable to connect the datassette to a PC (or an X1541 cable to connect a C64 to the PC and a 1530 datassette to the C64). Youll find the program on Markus' homepage: http://arnold.c64.org/~minstrel/

Read the Readme.txt file in ptap's zip archive.

I think there are other programs that convert a tap file to wav or voc, whic can then be output to a cassette recorder through your PC's soundcard, but that will supposedly not give as reliable results as ptap does (which saves an actual digital copy of the tap on the cassette).

Good luck!

Posted By

(no name)
on 2002-10-15
 (no topic)

Brilliant stuff! I'm going to have a go at this soon.

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-10-15
 (no topic)

That last post was by me, by the way.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024