Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-10
 Micro Illustrator bug

On the Jim Hehl release of Micro Illustrator released two days ago, the MI.BOOT has a bug in line 70. The tested string should be "P" not "N".

Our apologies to those who have had a problem with this. I will move a corrected .d64 to Jim's webpage this weekend. In the meantime, simply changing the "N" to "P" and abbreviating the POKEs to p-s in line 70 will allow PAL users to run the program as designed.

This does not affect NTSC loads.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-10
 Errrrrr........

..."change the POKEs to P-shifted-Os in line 70".....

darned HTML took my brackets as HTML invalid code and ignored it.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-10-11
 Happens...

Did you try the "True Pal" version on the emus, too? Man... it's been so many years. Got me to looking over some of the old disks and I realized that I need to send you additional files. My email server is kicking up and they are working on it, so I'm letting you know, here. You should take a look at the Commodore Cee and C64Alive!, latter issues. There are a number of articles and progs that aren't in the general Plus4 stuff I sent you. Some was in that "personal" stuff that I didn't send. I will go over it and pass it along. For example SledgeHammer +4 (not to be confused with the C64 cruncher program). Don't see it anywhere in the database. It will attach or link up to 24 binary files into a single program, and pack them. There is a cruncher program that will crunch/uncrunch files on either the C64 or Plus4 and will uncrunch directly from disk to Ram. I tossed a few TXT files up to give you a chuckle and show you what a vacuum I lived in over here... plus4-wise, until the Euro community got through to us.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-11
 Jim H -->

I tried True PAL, PAL, and No Reset versions on YAPE 0.41 this morning and all three lock up when loading a picture from the Micro Illustrator disk. However the programs themselves load fine.

I want to make a screenshot of MI with the PIC.DESIGN screen loaded for my website, as it's just the neatest Commodore logo I've ever seen. happy

I still haven't seen a 6525 come in yet... please verify shipment and issue a tracer if you can. One of those Europeans is onto me to get GEOS going and that chip is my holdup.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-10-15
 Jim -->

I got the textfiles and put them on your site under the heading "Magazine Articles". I presume that they were companion files for programs you had submitted to Jack.

I have also patched and uploaded MICRO2.d64. I'd like some feedback from emulator users on this version; please email "doctorduckie at cbm264.com" with any bug reports.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024