Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

James
on 2002-10-09
 Micro Illustrator

Jim, I tried the disk images on your CD as I knew that they were ripped from the original disk. I tried on YAPE, WinEMU, and Minus4, and only YAPE with 1541 emulation worked. The others don't support 1541 emulation well enough (if at all) to get past the copy protection.

Norbert's contribution is coded to PAL, so it may work on a PAL machine fine; I don't know because when I used it on YAPE with PAL Kernal it messed up the screen when loading the screen files. The copy protection on the disk is the culprit, not a problem with Norbert's file. If I move the screen files to a seperate disk they should load fine as they won't be on a disk-full of 'errors'.

What I originally wanted was the disk image (as closely as possible to what Commodore released), so your images are fine. Somewhere in one of the Plus Exchanges is an article on how to mod it for PAL, sent in by an Australian user. (I'll have to dig through the newsletters for it.)

I had added an NTSC Kernal rev 5 from Funet, it's on your page.

As for the filepackers, that's an area that I will have to familarize myself with. I was out of the Plus/4 stuff by 1990 and not back til 2000, so there's a whole decade of advances that I knew nothing about. In fact, I gave away my 64/Plus/4 software (MI, Rug Rider, etc) to a coworker back in '94 cause he had kids that were using a C64.... hence my lack of photos or actual disk images for those titles.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024