Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIKE
on 2013-11-06
07:14:43
 Re: plus4 keyboard

scarrabri,

I've just opened another cheetah 125+ joystick and it's come back to me now what I did. Trust me to open a Cheetah 125 last night and not the Plus model.
BTW the Cheetah (125) with a single wire for C64 does not need anything done to it, it's the 125+ model that needs a small mod.

If you look at the picture on the link below.
On the left direction there is a GREEN wire with red tape around it.

In the 125+ model and if you look at your own one there is some type of Resistor between the GREEN wire and it's connection to the LEFT direction. This Resistor needs to be cut off and removed and then simply join the GREEN wire back to the LEFT direction.
This is why I have red tape on mine as to shield the now open wires from where I joined it back up.

and that's it. This Resistor is obviously some safe guard I'm sure for the Amstrad side of the stick or to safe guard Commodore's if the Amstrad connection was plugged in to a Commodore. Not required for C16/Plus4, C64 or Amiga. This millisecond type of temperamental stickiness the Resistor can do when playing games even happens on a C64 so not unique to the C16/Plus4.

DO NOT plug the grey Amstrad end in to any Commodore, in fact put a small strip of tape over the end connection of the grey plug to remind you not to do so!

One last time... Remove that Resistor in the Left direction and your ready to roll on all Commodore's. happy

Link: http://i44.tinypic.com/fyzi1x.jpg

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024