Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-11-05
17:48:14
 Re: plus4 keyboard

Sure, if your Zip stik looks like either one of these below your good with these. I have both of the sticks below so know for sure they are ok.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mDIuYbd4lGC-e-vECk-LA6Q.jpg

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m5XQBqVD0FGdyZLZIqt3xUA.jpg

I'll have to take a couple of my Cheetha 125's apart and have a look to see what I did to some of them at some point. I just did the one out of about 4 I have right now and it's not obvious where the wire was or gone as I have long forgot lol
It's nothing hard to do nor will it stop the stick from working on a C64 or Amiga once the wire is removed. It will work as it is now but either left or right may feel a little sticky at some point with some games. Never ever damaged my machines this stick, just knew there was something funny going on and one day I had enough. Love the these sticks tho. happy

As for music.
Maybe Luca can help on this one with regards to High Voltage TED Collection ?

The native music/sound the C16/Plus4 has is call TED as that's the chip, the heart of the computer that makes sound. It has 3 voices in all being, 2 Tone and 1 White Noise. Only 2 voices can be played at the same time. Either 2 Tones or Tone 1 & White Noise. 2 channel sound. wink

Some old game music was ripped but this was added to mostly demo's than rather actual stand alone music files. There is no .TED like there is .SID for the C16/Plus4 as such... Confusing I know. There is more to the story than what I'm saying...

Also and maybe even more confusing now... Some users have rare SID cards for their Plus/4's and can play any of the C64's SID tunes on a Plus/4 as well as their own SID music made on a Plus/4 for Plus/4, as well as TED sound. happy

Hopefully Luca can point you in the right direction but for now if you want to hear a tune on a real machine then load the game is the easiest thing to be honest.

If you want to hear some sound from BASIC type the following.

10 VOL 8
20 SOUND1,596,10

RUN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
VOL = volume 1-8
You can either have SOUND1, SOUND2 or SOUND3.
,596 is the note being played
,10 is the length of the note

change line 20 to this to hear 2 voices.

20 SOUND1,596,10:SOUND2,169,10

or you can have

20 SOUND1,596,10:SOUND3,169,10

Have fun. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024