Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gehtjanx
on 2013-10-28
10:03:47
 HOMEPAGE & DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING???

Tried to download some demo or Software, but nothing works. If I click GAMES and e.g. "G", the Alphabet selection will come up a second time, but no download links in between. Even when searched by Google or the Search function of this site, it awys "no matches".

So please help or fix.

Thanks

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-10-28
10:46:13
 Re: HOMEPAGE & DOWNLOAD NOT WORKING???

And only a few minutes later everything is back to normal.

This is a problem with the database that the site runs on, and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it. Whenever it happens (and thankfully it's not often), you just wait until it fixes itself.

Posted By

gehtjanx
on 2013-10-28
15:23:06

Oh thank you, it works now again on my Computer, too. Didn't know.

It is an really good source of Plus4 and I wanted to get some Demos and games and thanks for maintaining it. I'm not such an big Plus4 fan but I want to get into this as well and I Need some Software and cool stuff to test out wink So I had Panic anything happened to this site wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-10-28
15:26:13

No problem. One thing to add, when this kind of issue happens, it's not that the database goes down entirely (we have a "nice" message for that). Instead, only some queries work (if I had to guess, I'd say that the ones that were cached). So, at the moment we don't have messages for those cases, it's just that the page ends up looking a little broken.

Thankfully this doesn't persist for too long in most occasions.

Posted By

gehtjanx
on 2013-10-28
22:40:48

Thanks.

Just to inform you (hope you see it):
http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Grand_Prix_Circuit_Single_File

plus4 World Link says it's not available/ broken.

Posted By

MIK
on 2013-10-29
02:15:01

That is a minor mistake so cool you spotted it as the guys will fix that the next time they log on. I just tried the Rulez.org download link on the same page and that one does work.

A lot of the C16/Plus4 software is shared around such as newer versions and updates ect as the community is very close so more times than not the file will be identical. I believe the main file manager guy Luca uploads stuff to here and Rulez.org at the same time anything new is add so that's handy if one does not work, the other will. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-10-29
14:03:35

Yeah, the file was there but there was a typo in the file name. It's fixed now, thanks for pointing it out happy Do let us know if there's other stuff that need fixing.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024