Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2013-08-14
13:19:59
 Re: Amiga Music Box 1

The "8 channels" player is not really a player: the waveform, the frequency, basically everything is fixed. It's a one-off thing.

If you want MOD-like players, grab Nyancat, it has a player which mixes two channels in real time, with the screen open. (More channels can be easily added, though the sample rate will have to come down because of the extra processing needed.)

Otherwise on the topic of players: LOD Player V2 has been out since... forever. I wrote every one of my tunes with it. It's modern player with pretty much every feature you'd need to make tunes. I told about this to Yerzmyey as well when he emailed me, but he never responded. I guess people don't think of the source code + Plus4IDE as a music editor? But it is though, it's the same work flow (for me), and copy/pasting plus all the normal "editor" stuff is all there - which would be hard to reproduce in a tracker-style editor. So, in short, I'm a bit baffled why more people don't use it. If some could articulate what's wrong with my thinking, I'd apprecite it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024