Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesD
on 2013-08-08
14:28:05
 Re: Z80 GUI: SymbOS

Litwr
By your standard a 1541 would be slower than the cassette port on my CoCo. No speedups on the Apple... no speedups on the 1541. Fair is fair. And ProDOS included optimizations so the argument is total BS anyway.
You are being a total troll.

I didn't say you said the Apple II has little documentation. That's a straw man argument.
You didn't say there were holes, you claimed the Apple II was a closed system. Your exact words troll boy.

FWIW, the drive transfer rate you posted for the 1541 was total BS so it didn't have real drive speed info either. Troll

And I flat out stated my figures didn't include changing tracks so don't try to accuse me of misleading people. I didn't include track changes on either drive.
Once you start shifting from track to track you have to start taking into account worst case situations like having to move the head from track 0 all the way to track 35. You also have to take in to account fragmentation, etc...
Unless your precious benchmarks account for such situations they aren't worth crap anyway. TROLL

BTW, you just pulled a speed estimate right out of your rectum with no mathematical basis whatsoever while accusing me of "speculation" even though I showed my math and you had every opportunity to show me where my mistake was. Guess what? You haven't done that. Also, how about naming this Apple expert you are referencing? How do we know you didn't pull that out of your rectum as well?
TROLL

I'm done wasting my time on you.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024