Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Bacon
on 2002-09-27
 SYS code to start Turbo Assembler 6?

How do I restart Turbo Assembler 6 after assembling and running some code? When I try SYS4112 (the SYS that's written in the BASIC line when the assembler is freshly loaded) the border starts flashing and then the screen blanks. I mean really blanks, not turns black, but completely dies.

On the C64, Turbo Assembler can be completely restored with a SYS36864 and I'm sure there must be an equivalent for the Plus/4 version (obviously not the same address).

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-09-27
 Why don't you use SVS-MegAssembler?

wink

... Ram banking, macros, offset system, online-help, 256K support, etc. etc. happy

S\_/S

Posted By

Bacon
on 2002-09-27
 Good question...

A few reasons, really. I have already been using Turbo Assembler on the C64 so I am familiar with it. And I am *far* from being an accomplished coder (I have started to learn assembly this year and I don't have much time because of Real Life(TM) so my progress is *slow*) and thus macros and RAM banking are wasted on me for now. I don't have 256K and I don't know where to get it. I've only had a Plus/4 since the day before yesterday! happy

I was tempted to use your assembler, but I couldn't find any ionstructions for it (I didn't know about the online help) so I choose the Turbo Assembler which I knew how to use. But if you say SVS-MegAssembler is better, I will surely start using it instead. Will I be able to learn to use it just by using the online-help?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-09-27
 SVS Mega-Assembler

SVS Mega Assembler is better because the person whom you just replied to is SVS himself. How many C64 programs still have direct-from-author support? happy

Posted By

Bacon
on 2002-09-27
 James C: I figured that much out myself...

...which is why I wrote "your assembler" in my reply to SVS. wink

SVS: I'll certainly try it out. But beware, you might get so many questions from me that you'll wish you never told me about it in the first place. happy
Remember that I am a true, horrible, lame, absolute beginner.

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-09-28
 No problem, my friend.

You are encouraged to start happy
About the info, inside the D64 image of MegAssembler, you'll find all the info files to start, and to understand all the features. There is also an example of Source-file so that you can view a real source.
Of course I'm here to answer to you for any question (only I ask you to be a bit patient, some times, cause "RealLife"...), Ok?

*** All us, we was beginners one time, and we had *not* support or tools.
At the time, I wished an assembler that did not exist. Then, first I converted a C64 BASIC version (!!!), and with it I wrote mine (M.L.) wink.
I wrote these words to tell you that we are glad to have another coder, and you have to feel you lucky happy

Posted By

bubis
on 2002-10-10
 sys code

And what is that sys code than. I need it too.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024