Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Akira
on 2002-09-24
 My Plussy, at least here with me!!!

My Plussy is here with me at last! After about two years of waiting to pick it up from my family's home in Florida, I now have it with me. She's so cute :D

It's an US model, one of those where the badge says "+4" instead of "plus/4". Serial number CA1082397

I'll have mucho fun with it :D

/ akira
Shmups - 2D Shooter heaven
.:[ http://www.shmups.com ]:.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-24
 Re: Plussy...

Good for you! I know exactly how good it feels to have the old friend back... When you first see that READY prompt on a TV happy What's gonna be the first game you'll play?

Posted By

Akira
on 2002-09-29
 (no topic)

Heh, is not like having it BACK, I _never_ owned a Plussy until I met Lando and his wonderful site :D

I dunno, I have about 26 cool tapes I bought off ebay, I'll try those with the 1531! :D
And after that, I'll load my HD with games to use with 64HDD :D It works a treat with the C64s around here so I expect no less from the Plussy!

BTW, here she is. US Commodore Plussy (the one that says "+4" in the badge tho!)

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-30
 piccys and 64hdd

Hi Akira,

Yep you can post piccys here, just simple html happy
Below is how 2 but remember to type the whole thing as one word without the spaces which I added here so the piccy doesnt display wink

< img src="http://kikencorp.com/temp/+4-0.jpg" >

Just incase when using 64hdd. When I want to do a soft or hard reset on the plus4 I find it will lockup my PC when 64hdd is running. I found if I quit 64hdd once I've finished loading all is fine and of course you can startup 64hdd again..... This might only be me and my PC, but just incase. Yeah my c64 works a treat and does'nt have a reset button wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-09-30
 [LANDO][64HDD]

I started a project with 64HDD. What you have to be sure to correctly use it, are:
1) Do not connect printer on the serial chain (I don't mean turned off: really *unplugged*);
2) Keep turned on a real 1541 drive;
3) Properly set the "-reset" parameter on the command line of 64HDD.
4) If Plus4 hangs on the last line of a DIR, you need to add another serial device TURNED ON.

BTW: Is there any possibility to have the 64HDD *pro* version, at a cheaper (free happy ) price? wink

Cheers

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-30
 SVS

I did'nt even know there was a *pro* version. wink The copy I have I took from their homepage which asked me for my name so I could get the free password....

Umm I have my xe1541 connected direct to my plus4 as if it was my 1541 drive.
Is that right you are connecting yours via your 1541?
I'll have to try that and see if it fixes the reset problem. It's not a major problem for my needs as I have a little .bat file where I just type "C16" and away she goes again happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024