Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gc841
on 2013-02-08
04:51:32
 Re: Modem and rs232

MMS, thanks for the offer of a DB25-DB9, but I found a cable in the box with my modem. As you probably guessed, I'm more of a 'plug-n-play' type than 'build-it-yourself' so if I can find a completed product, I'll go for it. If they prove to be too rare or expensive, I'll go with your suggestion.

I also looked at the individual computers website, but didn't find the suitable connector. I'll contact them. This is all appreciated, I have enough info to go forward now.

On the software side of rs232, I read recently that the plus/4 rs232 was not tested by Commodore, and there are one or more bugs.

1) According to SVS's memory map, the lines of code at $EAA7 and $EAA9 have to be swapped to allow null characters to be received.

2) In the Aug-87 issue of 'Your Commodore' (available at archive dot org), an article by RC Hemes mentions a bug (bottom of page 83). It describes how the plus/4 crashes when sending the first resume character for XON. The solution is to insert a PLA command at $EB1E. I've looked at the code but don't really understand much of this.

They sound like two different bugs to me? Are there any other known bugs for rs232?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024