Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2012-09-14
17:23:40
 Retro event in Derby, UK

We're planning on running a 8/16 bit retro event in Derby during November.  The event will be aimed at raising funds for cancer charity's and having loads of fun.  The venue is very close to Derby city centre and can accommodate around 30 machines and up to approximately sixty people.  I've recently permanently moved my Commodore 16 collection to the venue.  We have three large rooms with projectors and screens which will be great for multiplayer games.  It won't be limited to just one brand of retro machines as we'd love to see many others too.

At the moment were getting a feeling for numbers and interest in the event.  I'd love it to be successful so we can raise funds for the decided charity's and have an amazing weekend.  The weekend that's been pencilled in is the 17th & 18th November.  Everyone is welcome.

If your interested in attending please message me or Shaun Bebbington. 

Edit:

Link to the Facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/events/181476701988145/?ref=ts

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-09-14
17:26:05
 Re: Retro event in Derby, UK

Well, count me in for at least one day.

I can bring my expanded C16+64K machine along with my SD2IEC cartridge with CBMfilebrower and diskswap function. I have all my C16/Plus4 games arranged in alphabetical folders. The text adventure games are in their own separate folder.

Or I can bring along my C64 with the amazing Ultimate-II cartridge with lots of good stuff on it happy

I can't bring both systems as I don't drive, and I'd need someone to supply the monitor input. Well, I can at least bring along my Ultimate-II if nobody else does (so long as it isn't accidentally borrowed by anyone lol).

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I've been waiting for another meet-up for ages happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-09-14
17:34:34

Bit too far for me sadly due to illness ect... long story.

Sounds excellent tho and a proper quality party. Always nice to see a bit of everything. Know anyone with a classic arcade machine they could take along? Pay to play and all funds go into the charity pot. happy

Take some pictures and video's please! wink

Awesome and hope all goes well. Best of luck. happy

Posted By

Chris
on 2012-11-13
16:42:40

It's now less than a week away to our retro event in Derby.  RCM is providing some amazing support and it's looking like it will be a great weekend.  

If you fancy coming along during the weekend, please feel free.  The event doesn't have a admittance charge, but a donation box for two worthy cancer charities.

There are going to be approximately twenty five different computers/consoles to play and experience.  If your a Commodore 16 fan, it's your opportunity to see one of the largest collections. 

We've got a Facebook page where all the address details and timings are posted.  

https://www.facebook.com/events/181476701988145/

Regards,

Chris

Posted By

Patrick
on 2012-11-13
17:29:02

i hope you all have a great weekend!

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-11-14
02:34:49

I bet you didn't even know at the time but it's Children in Need weekend too, or maybe this is the reason your doing it. wink

Have a great one and take loads of pictures! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024