Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-09-14
17:08:36
 Re: Interesting Mastertronic fact

I thought it was common knowledge some of the Mastertronic C16/Plus4 title sold more than any Commodore 64 or Spectrum title. Although I think the real fact is that C64 & Spectrum gamers were spoiled for choice more than anything with many software houses trying to obtain a slice of the budget cut.

In the later years I would of said Codemaster were king and then the likes of Hit Squad, Encore and Kixx started to release many of the of the systems best ever full price titles at a cheaper price and maybe why Mastertronic had to step it up a gear releasing the likes of Jet Set Willy, Aliens and stuff after they had given up on us.

Why Retro Gamer is talking about Kane is beyond me too... Not that I've seen the article. Kane is not exactly classed as one of the better games for our system from Masterronic and many more that are. Is that the press gone mad again not knowing jack all about our machine or just something that they can relate too from another?

Edit:
Luca, that first site is a bit messed up! They claim BMX Racers: "Best of the early titles by the Darling brothers". Haha, proper big mistake there as they were Codemasters BMX Simulator. I think what Retro Gamer is covering is stuff that was printed in computer mags of the time... I'm sure I have seen this before where C16/Plus4 games were top of the charts with Mastertronic stuff. ;)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024