Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-20
12:25:50
 Re: Superman is a really bad game

After reading Luca's writeup, I had to go back and I was astonished to find that you can indeed lose energy. This (like everything else) is done so badly in the game: the bar doesn't decrease for every unit (per pixel), but only after losing 8 units of energy (per character). Since the terrible AI is so bad, in a single player game I simply haven't seen either character lose energy at all. (You can definitely get up and go for a 5 minute coffee break, then come back, and still find your guy healthy.)

So, the scoring is based on number of people "saved". But even at a 2 player game, the "strategy" becomes saving just one person and quickly pressing "Z".

MIK, it's not too late to vote happy The current score of 2.8 doesn't do it justice.

George, I know what you mean about Yie Ar Kung Fu. Even though it's disappointing compared to the C=64 version, at least they tried. In this game, the inattention to detail is apalling. I can see the programmer going... "Okay, so here's the starting screen. S is Start. L is Level. Now, what key would adjust the "players" value? Why, "N", of course! But let's not put that in the instructions... I'm sure people will just press every letter, one-by-one and find it. Instead I need to come up with a good adjective... "Nail-biting", oh yeah, that's the ticket!"

I hope the 5/7 voters chime in (you know who you are) happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024