Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-09-09
 Out On A limb - clear this up after 17 years...

I bought a game called "Out On A Limb" back in 85, and for some reason was really looking forward to playing it. As you may know, the game is available here. Back then, I loaded it up, and after a few goes, I got to the top of the beanstalk. Then I thought, what happens now? Where do I jump to next? Hours and hours of playing it back then, I never did find out and furiously took it back. In the instructions to the game it just says something like "Once you reach the castle...". Every so often over these last 17 years, I wonder what happened next, how did you get from the first screen to the next bit, which sounded a lot more interesting. Anyone know?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-09
 Next Screen

I always thought this was a pretty cool game. You mean getting off the very first screen? I think all you have to do is keep going up. Once you are on the top ledge, just jump up again, and you should be on the second screen. There are several screen in each part. At the end of each part you get one object. At the end of the third part, if you have all of the objects by then, you win the game...

The game has a very steep learning curve though, in my opinion, which is a big mistake. Sam Manthrope should have made the first screen easier, so that we get hooked... Instead, you have to keep trying and trying...

One more thing, once I was on Lemon64, I was surprised how much the C64 version looks like the C16 version.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-09
 Here's the solution

I just figured out what you meant. I played with the game a bit, and now I understand where you got stuck. The second screen, not the first one, right? Okay, here is how you make that jump: first of all, you have to climb to the top of the beanstalk and reach the second screen. On there you climb up and jump onto the clouds on the left, the jump over the clouds higher and higher to the right. Then you end up here:

(image removed)

You must walk to the very right end of the screen, and jump back left. If you make it, you will be on the left end of the highest cloud, like this:

(image removed)

Then you just simply jump up... And voila, the castle!

(image removed)

Posted By

Spector
on 2002-09-09
 (no topic)

Well done Csabo! I don't understand how I didn't figure it out back then. After all these years, and now in 2002 I've found out how to do it. The game now looks much more interesting as well. If only I'd known back then. Aaarrgh!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024