Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Bjartur of Summerhouses
on 2012-08-15
16:00:53
 The Incredible Hulk - does anyone know where I can download it?

Hello, everyone!
Discovering this forum has been such a nice nostalgia trip for me... the Commodore Plus/4 was my first computer, and I have some very happy memories of evenings and weekends spent playing games on the Plus 4 with my friends. I will be returning here quite a lot, I think!

Now onto my question - some of you will no doubt remember the old text-based RPG of The Incredible Hulk. This was one game which I could never crack, and finding this website has made me feel like trying my hand at it again, after all these years.
Does anybody know of a website where I could download it? I would be very grateful to you for any information which might be helpful.

Cheers, everybody!

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-15
16:25:50
 Re: The Incredible Hulk - does anyone know where I can download it?

Greetings. happy

Here is the actual game page. It even has the original tape/.tap file.
Link: The Incredible Hulk

Just in case...
.tap = tape
.prg = program the very same thing you would load from disk. Emulation can load .prg's as files with-in seconds. Just a case of typing RUN to run the program once added.

If you need a good emulator try YAPE.
Link: http://yape.homeserver.hu/

To load a .PRG use the FILE Menu
To load a .TAP use the TAPE Menu and attach the tap, everything else tape wise is here such as F5 = PLAY. You must Unzip tap images before you can use them.

Regards,

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-15
19:38:20

One thing I'd like to add is this: if you're going to try and play through it, write down your own questions as they come up, even before you can answer them. E.g. if you see a black door, and you can't open it, write down "How do I open the black door?" Once you have the answer, write that down too. This way, you will create a very useful "tips" file.

I find that tips are usually better than solutions. A solution won't explain why you do things, and it "gives away" too much. Tips, on the other hand, are hidden by default, and a player can choose to reveal just the ones they get stuck with happy (Go to the "Solutions" section in the main menu to see which games have maps/tips/solutions.) Happy adventuring!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-08-16
03:43:49

Heyo. You'll find just about every game here to download. Just click Games in the top menu and search the database. There's download links on each game.

You may be interested to know that there is a plus4 only version of Hulk with graphics. Check out the other adventure games in the Questprobe series too happy

Posted By

Bjartur of Summerhouses
on 2012-08-16
17:51:42

Hello Mik, Csabo and Sixteen Plus - very nice to meet you!
Thankyou for all of the information and the hints, everybody. This seems like a very friendly and easy-going forum, and I look forward to seeing you again here soon! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024