Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Sdw
on 2012-08-14
16:09:26
 Re: Insane new demo in Bauknecht quality

Such an utterly amazing demo, I actually had my Plus/4 packed away for space reasons, but when I saw this demo on the stream from Evoke, I knew I had to watch it on the real thing, so it was just a matter of clearing some space on my desk!
Since then I have watched it a number of times.
Like Csabo, I also got a bit discouraged - I actually have a Plus/4 demo in the works that I've been coding on and off (mostly off...) on for many years now, but after seeing this, it felt like "what's the use of finishing my demo now?". But of course, that's not the way to think, the Plus/4 scene is not very big, and every demo has it's place I think, and probably many will watch and enjoy productions, even if they are not of this magnificent quality.

Regarding greetings I must say I'm extra pleased to see Noice passing by in the DYPP-scroller! happy

And an extra big thanks to Degauss and Mad for posting some extra goodie-technical information, I love to hear how other coders come up with some of the crazy and brilliant effects.

If I might ask Degauss a thing about the zoomer, are you caclulating the 40 "X-bytes" realtime, or do you have a table with a number of predefined 40-byte lines, one for each zoom level?

/Shadow of Noice

(btw - unrelated question - how the *beep* do I login? I am pretty certain I have had an account here, but it just says that my username doesn't exist)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024