Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-08-11
17:25:11
 C16 Monty on the run

I've just found that c16 version of this fine game is only a part of the complete game. See maps for Spectrum or C64 versions.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/c64/562930-monty-on-the-run/faqs/28091
ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-maps/m/MontyOnTheRun_3.png

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-11
17:44:42
 Re: C16 Monty on the run

The C16 version really is a totally unique version of it's own. With it's 12k memory limit and a number of repeated rooms I think they made a good effort to bring it home to us. I was very pleased when I see it in the shop and picked it up straight away. happy
Nothing to be sad about really as it's a great little game and even if it was twice the size the hammers would still kill you. wink

If only they released Impossamole!!

If your a Monty fan grab Impossamole for the C64, it's fantastic!! happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2012-08-11
18:17:48

yeah we needed impossamole, maybe it'll be done, but it's still not as good.

I nearly did a youtube longplay of this, haven't quite got it though but nearly, I got Auf Wiedersehen Monty though happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-08-11
23:20:07

Yeah a lot harder than Auf Monty because of the hammers & I long forget but I'm sure there is one or two places you have to die in Monty on the Run, Jungle tree's and some pipe level stuff. So your be going on the boat with one or two lives at the end. In short you do most of the game before doing this in hope the hammers don't get you first. Keep a way from the boat till the very end as there is a point of no return which I'm sure your know. happy

Sometimes I would let the hammers hit twice and then you'd have a bigger time gap to pass under them. Other times you dice with death and close your eyes and it's this that gets you lol. wink

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-03-13
21:02:55

I completed this game without cheating on C16 and A8 but man... This game is so unfair!

Great game spoiled by randomness of the pile driver stroke.

---

@MIK No, there are no places where you have to die in order to pass the room, but in two places you have to go under the pile driver which is right before entering the room.

---

My run:

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-03-14
20:34:03

Nice longplay zbyti. Those stompers were just too random for me to do a longplay in the end, I did one of the second game though. But you have the video set for children which means I can’t add your video in my long play playlist on my channel. We’re all adults now. Kids today are all into boring Minecraft rollup

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-03-14
20:41:08

retroscener I have never added videos on YOUTUBE before, apparently I misunderstood what this option means, I am already changing :D

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024