Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Fireant
on 2002-09-06
 Official and Unofficial +4 Games

Hi there, I wondered if some of the +4 games ie: Barbarian, Great Giana Sisters, Marble Madness and certain other games are Official. It's great to see so many +4 games. Are some made over recent years by indepent programers.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-06
 I wouldn't say Unofficial...

I'd rather call them amateur or freeware programs. Actually, a much larger portion of all programs is made by the scene. I have just recently updated the database so that we are able to make this distinction. Look under "Distribution" (for those games that have this field entered). "Commercial" would mean "official", or produced by a company and sold for money. "Freeware" would mean it was done by some screen member and it just spread.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-09-06
 More...

Okay, I went and set the "Distribution" field for those three games you mentioned to "Freeware" happy Also, if you are unsure about a game, take a look at it's creators. If it's something like "converted by xyz", then that's almost definitely freeware.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-09-06

A better word is commercial releases wink

Plus4 only or 64k games that were release from 1984 - 88 are very few, but some of the freeware stuff is very cool and there are 100's of them. One fav is Commando Plus4, Elite would of be proude of this version happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024