Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-06-02
12:06:31
 Layout of userport cartridge

Does somebody here know where to find the lay-out of an expansion cartridge like it was in use for. e.g. Script+ or Calc+ ?

If I remember correctly, there were two eproms on the cartridge - low bank and high bank.
The Script+ eproms were soldered, IIRC.
There have been clones in the field with sockets, enabling "cold" changing of the eproms without warming up the soldering iron...

Regards,
Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-02
12:37:55
 Re: Layout of userport cartridge

There are a couple of open carts on the Hardware page if that's of any help?

Check the whole page as there are also Memory Expansions & SID carts going down the page.

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-06-02
15:08:25

MIK,

.....There are a couple of open carts on the Hardware page if that's of any help?....

Unfortunately, the pictures don't help me very much - they only keep me jealous when looking at the nice & neat positioning of the hardware items on each of those boards....

What I'm looking for is a real "blueprint" of such a board, enabling me to copy the layout and to build such a board on my own.

In the old days, I someday took the 3+1 stuff out of their internal sockets and replaced them with the Script+ eproms (I even had an eprom burning device by that time). The external board carried Calc+ which was on lo & hi eproms as well.

Oh man, its such a long time ago... To remember every move I did 25 years ago is a real challenge...I'm not getting younger....

But I'm working on it. ---- Today, after a long waiting time, an Ebay-bought Plus/4 + 1551 + 1531 were delivered by an exhausted TNT guy. In WORKING condition (not the TNT driver who was exhausted -Saturday eve!-, but the Plus/4 keys are O.K., and everything RUNS!!!!)

The good times are going on to roll again!

Regards,
Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-02
17:22:11

Sorry! I'm sure such things maybe rare for commercial 3rd party hardware?
Script+ does show up now and then on ebay.co.uk from time to time. Could be worth keeping your eye open for an original once again!

Wow if you are the new proud owner of another Plus/4 & 1551 congratulations!
= =

Nice to hear another Plus/4 has found a good home! grin

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-06-03
04:57:11

MIK,

I'll be scanning Ebay for Plus/4 - C16 - C116 related stuff from now on.

BTW, I found an Ebay offer for a C128D -that was a nice machine as well- including the rare Commodore 1901 monitor.

Unfortunately for pick-up only, location: Sydney, Australia... wink

But another Plus/4 has been offered to me locally, reported to be in working condition. I'm going to see that set-up tomorrow.

Will give a report after that.

Regards,
Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-03
06:42:57

Your have to take some pictures. tinypic.com is very easy to use for uploading and hosting your pictures and best of all you get a direct link! happy

You should have fun today as it's like going back in time, always nice picking up a new machine for the collection! Can never have enough spares. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024