Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-06-02
14:07:16
 Re: How to fix sticky key's on Plus/4 Keyboards!!

Hans,

12 years ago you would of needed a real machine but indeed the emulators have come along way! I use both as a gamer. A classic game JOEY has been programmed in such away that it's a little slow compared to many other games and it also relies on sound partly for jump timing when you play. It's times like this when you notice the difference between emulation and the real thing when a game is on overload such as Return Of Rockman which is a pig and can show any bad joystick it's on it's last legs. wink

In truth it's not really an issue, it's just what I'm used to playing where sound maybe delayed for a 100th of a second or the game runs faster than it should. Return of Rockman plays better in YAPE than the real machines so it's all good! happy

Every time you use an emulator your saving the life span of another machine and why not if it does exactly what you need it to do and MUCH, MUCH more! So worry not for using an emulator because your find more people are than those using real machines. If you can have both then don't tell my woman why so much space is being taken up by computers and games haha! happy

By the way, on the main homepage there is an option to change the language to Deutsch. Hopefully everything reads ok apart from typos and spelling mistakes...
I've got about half way on the clean keyboard page and will continue tomorrow.
Cheers. happy

EDIT:

Ok! I think I'm done. You can now read the full story of what I did to clean the keyboard contacts. I hope it all makes sense and is easy to follow.

Link: How can I clean my keyboard?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024