Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mike
on 2002-08-31
 DDraw

Actually... yeah... your right... Minus4 runs at 625fp in VRAM, and only 200+fps in SystemMemory... perhaps a command line switch... I don't like the blurring fullscreen, and it goes quick anyhow... Over 50fps isn't really needed happy

I wonder why it blurs on yours.... Stupid PC's

I havent tried DX8 for DDraw stuff... I have a nice DDraw LIB that does DX6 or 7... and I don't need any more... so untill thats unsupported... I can stick with it... However... using polys to render...well.... When Ive done it in games, its fine... way over the top for emulation though...

Sound.... well, my "digi" sound is very quick in terms of CPU overhead.... Its a generated 16 bit sample... Actually 2 tables of ff11 are built, and index each sample "tick" But nothing really clever.... Heres my sample code...

if( g_PlayAllSamples == 0 ){
pSampleBufferFrame[tick] = pSampleBuffer[index] = TEDSample[ pMemory[0xff11] ];
}
else{
pSampleBufferFrame[tick] = pSampleBuffer[index] = TEDSample2[ pMemory[0xff11] ];
}

happy It needs cleaned out... One is a frame buffer for saving using -R... the other is the DSound multi-Buffer thing... As you see, I don't need to calculate anything when they switch.

The problem I found, is if you allow ALL samples all the time, sound clicks like mad!!! Actually... perhaps not now Ive added some delays...I'll have to test that... wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024