Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

nudeyboy
on 2012-04-27
06:45:56
 Non working Commodore plus 4

Hi all.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but I thought I would try to get help with a Commodore Plus 4 that I recently purchased. On the the first day of recieving this computer I plugged it in and it appeared to power on OK with the commodore loading screen on the TV. So far so good I thought so then I tried loading a game. Initially there were no problems but after about 5 seconds the datasette completely stopped and the the commodore Plus 4 was no longer powered on.

Despite changing the fuse in the plug and the fuse in the power pack itself the commodore still does not power on. I have examined the fuse on the motherboard and it appears to be ok. However I am not sure where I can get a replacement fuse to try out just in case this is the problem - is their a similiar fuse on the comnmodore 64 motherboard?

- can anyone offer any advice?

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-04-27
07:08:38
 Re: Non working Commodore plus 4

For a moment there I thought the rubber belt had snapped inside the tape deck... Something that will happen with age as the rubber dries out.

However this would not short the machine out. Might be the power brick it's self rather than any fuse? Never known a fuse to go in the Plus/4.

Sorry I can't help.

Posted By

SVS
on 2012-04-27
07:13:00

Does the Plus4 turn on, with the tape cable unconnected?

Posted By

nudeyboy
on 2012-04-27
16:41:14

No - even with just the power cord plugged in and tape deck unplugged it still does not power on...

Posted By

siz
on 2012-04-28
05:25:38

I have two guesses for the problem: one of them is the power supply. You can try a C64 power supply instead of the plus/4 one (in case of a plus/4 with a round power connector). The other possibility is the 7501/8501 CPU.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024