Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-04-23
11:26:19
 Request for possible parts source

Hi everyone,

This request is mainly aimed at the Hungarian forum visitors but any information is welcome. The broken 1901 monitor i talked about some time ago of course is still broken but at least i had someone to take a look at it. A 10k 3W ceramic resistor is nicely burnt so it must be replaced. I spent a few hours googling the internet to see if it can be bought and how much would it cost. Unfortunately i came up empty handed. There are lots of sellers offering various ceramic resistors with a variety of resistances and power but i found none selling the exact same one i need. Does anyone know any seller, preferably in Hungary, selling such a component? It is a 10k Ohm 3 Watt ceramic resistor in white rectangular packaging with leads at both ends. I was also advised to get replacement for the TDA 4601 but it does not seem to be much of a problem because i found a few places that seem to be selling those.

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2012-04-24
10:42:38
 Re: Request for possible parts source

go to www.mouser.com. They should be able to offer a suitable substitute if not the actual item.

Posted By

TLC
on 2012-04-28
15:00:55

Hi!

3W resistors aren't very common (say: rarely if ever to be seen), pretty hard to find, but if there's enough space, you can use an 5W part, or two 20k/2W resistors in parallel. These resistors are rather common parts. Lomex, Elektro Kontha, RET, HeStore, even HQ Elektronika should supply them without problems.

The more serious problem is that if something lit up that resistor, that's most probably still present in the circuit. What I'd do is to find a good TV technician and have him to check / repair the unit. These old CRT monitors are usually like small TVs (Commodore rarely if ever manufactured them by itself; Commodore displays were usually re-badged units manufactured by Panasonic, Philips, JVC etc., who regularly derived them from their portable TV lineup).

Posted By

detnyre
on 2012-05-02
22:21:34

You may also want to check with online stores that sell parts to people who restore antique radios. They tend to use odd sized resistors.

Here is one vendor: http://www.justradios.com/resorderform.html

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2012-08-03
14:04:05

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your answers. I'm sorry to be this late in replying.

MikeZ,

That Mouser Electronics was a great suggestion. They seemingly list the exact same part. But looking at their web site I couldn't figure out if they are solely located in the USA or have some entity in the EU. Do you know anything about this? It would be a pain if I must deal with Customs too (never did before).

TLC,

Thanks for the suggestion of an alternative solution. Yes, we know that only replacing the broken part will not mean that the monitor is repaired, but first it must be brought back to a somewhat working condition for making the necessary measurements of fault detection.

detnyre,

Thank you for your suggestion, too. Unfortunately they don't seem to be listing the proper part.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-08-03
18:24:10

Unfortunately you're a scammer so i deleted your post. Csabo! Dont u consider registering to the forum first to post s***t?? wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2012-08-03
20:17:36

Nah, it's fine as it is. The spam filter is very effective now: it caught 115 posts in the last 3 days with only 3 requiring manual delete. Plus since manual delete is so quick and easy, and we have a lot of eyes here, it's not really a problem anymore happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2012-08-04
11:46:53

I agree with Csabo, we quietly erase what's coming through, that's all. happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-08-04
13:50:43

Okay grin