Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2012-03-26
01:19:24
 Re: plus4 app possible?

I was sure that Dosbox is too slow for "+4forever?". However it is not completely true! I've just made several tests. They showed that Dosbox requires 8 GHz CPU for 100% speed with proper sound. So 3.2GHz gives about 40% with sound -- it is good for establishing champion records in this mode. wink However Dosbox gives 100% and even more with no sound. So it is possible to use it silently with Android and any (!) other OS with ported Dosbox.
BTW I found that the universal virtual machine (VirtualBox, QEMU+KVM, XEN, ...) with Intel/AMD PC CPU makes possible to use "+4forever" even with 200 MHz! However all tested VMs do not support sound. They emulate Soundblaster at their documentation only.
There is third way with DosEmu but it is the most difficult one. This program is only for Intel/AMD CPU and it is not supported last years. I couldn't run it with my hardware.
[Csabo] Thank you very much. happy I've just corrected the web documentation for "+4forever?" based on the mentioned above tests.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024